North San Diego Business At Large
Show Notes: October 10, 2014
Blogging is a great way to brand yourself in your industry. By posting fresh and curated content on a regular basis, you start a conversation with the people who visit your blog.
In this episode you’ll learn some of the secrets of creating attention grabbing headlines and compelling content. We’ll discuss the structure of an exciting post:
Headline: This is the title of your post.
Opening: or the hook that keeps them wanting to read ore.
Body: this is where your best tips, or the meat, of your blog post.
Closing: the paragraph or two that wraps it up and can have a call to action.
You’ll also hear a few tips on using someone elses’ content and a little about guest blogging.
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
- John Wesley, Pick the Brain – Case Study
- Jon Morrow, 52 Headline Hacks
- Peter Sandeen, 101 Headline Formulas
- 317 Power Words That’ll Instantly Make You a Better Writer
- How to Write Magnetic Headlines
- Why Headlines Fail (and How to Create Headlines That Work)
- How to Nail the Opening of Your Blog Post
Category: Online Radio Show