I’ve set it up for a non-profit organization so they can hold their physical, or as I like to refer to it, terra firma meeting along side a virtual meeting for the attendees that can’t make the terra firma meeting.
Skype, in my humble opinion, is a fantastic tool. You do need to let the other person finish speaking, but all in all, it’s a great tool. Mikogo only enhances Skpye and extends it one step further.
So, what can you do with Mikogo???
- Share each others’ screens.
- Switch presenter – let a meeting participant share their own screen. (awesome feature)
- Access remote keyboard and mouse control – the current presenter may grant control of their screen to another user at any time.(great for tech support)
- Transfer files – the organizer and guests can send files of up to 200MB to each other (whooo hoooo so easy)
- Select applications – Got an open application which is not required for the meeting? Select to hide it.
- Pause transmission – take a meeting break and suspend the transfer of screen data.
Now, Mikogo has gone one step further and created a fantastic tutorial to help you install and use Mikogo.
Once you have it installed, skype me at northsandiegobusiness so we can play!!